- Project folder – this option puts all your renders into the BGRenders subfolder.
- As in render queue – leaves render folder as set in the Render Queue.
- Custom – Set the custom folder.
No matter what option you choose, BG Renderer Max does not replace existing files or sequences but creates new files with suffixes and new subfolders for sequences to keep versioning.
This behavior can not be turned off.
What to renderControl what to add to the Render Queue.
- Only render queue – you create the Render Queue yourself (default).
- Add to RQ and render – adds current composition, or compositions selected in the Project panel, to the Render Queue.
- Only active or selected – cleans the Render Queue and adds current composition, or compositions selected in the Project panel, to the Render Queue.
Render queue handleChoose what to do with your Render Queue after the render finishes
- Unqueue finished (default)
- Do nothing
- Clean render queue
Post-Render actions orderSet the order of Post Render Actions.
Note that sequence to video is also a post-render action, so if you have a lot of heavy renders going on, it's better to start post render actions after all comps.
- After each comp
- Only on the last item – launches Post Render Actions only for the last item. Use this option to get notified on the Render Queue completion
MultiprocessingEnabling this checkbox sets your render output module to sequence and allows you to set the desired number of simultaneous render processes in the main panel.
Sequence file formatBG Renderer Max has three sequence presets:
- TIFF (for speed, but heavy weight. Default)
- JPG (for speed-weight balance)
- PNG (slower, but better for storing and archives)
Select "As in Render Queue" in the "Sequence File Format" dropdown if you wish to use your sequence presets.
Note that if the sequence is not in PNG, JPG or TIFF format, BG Renderer Max resets it to JPG. PSD is not supported.
Save sequence versionsEvery time you render with multiprocessing, BG Renderer Max creates a new folder for the sequence, thus keeping all the previous renders.
Versioning allows you to go back to the previous versions quickly.
To turn versioning off, uncheck Save sequence versions.
Read more about multiprocessing on this page.
Compile Video FileEnabling this checkbox will launch Sequence to Video Action for each composition rendered.
You need to select one of the ready-made presets:
- H264 – Fast or Slow, both produce .mp4 file
- QuickTime Animation – produces QTRLE codec .mov file
- ProRes 422LT and 422HQ – produce .mov files, even on Windows