- Project folder – this option puts all your renders into the BGRenders subfolder.
- As in render queue – leaves render folder as set in the Render Queue.
- Custom – Set the custom folder.
No matter what option you choose, BG Renderer Max does not replace existing files or sequences but creates new files with suffixes and new subfolders for sequences to keep versioning.
This behavior can not be turned off.
What to renderControl what to add to the Render Queue
- Only render queue – you create the Render Queue yourself (default).
- Add to RQ and render – adds current composition, or compositions selected in the Project panel, to the Render Queue.
- Only active or selected – cleans the Render Queue and adds current composition, or compositions selected in the Project panel, to the Render Queue.
Render queue handleChoose what to do with your Render Queue after the render finishes
- Unqueue finished (default)
- Do nothing
- Clean render queue
Post-Render actions orderSet the order of Post-render actions.
Sequence to video is also a post-render action, so if you have a lot of heavy renders going on, it's better to start post-render actions after all comps.
- After each comp
- Only on the last item – launches Post-render actions only for the last item. Use this option to get notified on the Render Queue completion
MultiprocessingEnable this checkbox to render your composition in multiple threads simultaneously. When you do so, the thread counter appears next to the the Render button.
Sequence file formatBG Renderer Max has three sequence presets:
- TIFF – for speed, but heavyweight
- JPG – for speed-weight balance
- PNG – slower, but better for storing and archives
Select As in render queue in the dropdown if you wish to use your sequence presets.
List of supported custom sequence formats:
If the custom sequence is not in one of the supported formats, BG Renderer Max resets it to JPG. PSD is not supported.
Save sequence versionsWhen enabled, every time you start the render, BG Renderer Max creates a new folder for the sequence, thus keeping all the previous renders.
Versioning allows you to go back to the previous versions quickly.
To turn versioning off, uncheck this checkbox.
When unchecked, BG Renderer Max would always render to the set folder with Skip Existing Frames turned on, so you may use it for the network rendering.
Read more about multiprocessing on this page.
Keep audioWhen enabled, BG Renderer Max renders WAV file along with the sequence.
Enable Compile video file to add the audio output to the video file.
BG Renderer Max will add one render queue item with BGRenderer2_WAV output module template for each item in the After Effects queue.
These items won't appear as separate in the BG Renderer Max render queue.
Compile Video FileEnable this checkbox to run Sequence to Video Action for each composition rendered.
Select one of the ready-made presets:
- H264 – Fast or Slow, both produce .mp4 file
- QuickTime Animation – produces QTRLE codec .mov file
- ProRes 422LT and 422HQ – produce .mov files, even on Windows